FAQs About THAIKK Group
Headquartered in Samut Prakan, Thailand, Thai KK is a regional leading manufacturer in Adhesive Tapes, Label, and Melamine and Urea Molding Compound. With over 500 employees alone, we have also expanded from industrial sector to technology sector (Thai KK Tech), food packaging sector (Bio-Eco) and food products sector (Alfredo).
With over 40 years of market leadership, Thai KK is recognized as a best-in-class innovator in our respective industries. Through our co-development partnership with Thailand’s largest petroleum company PTT, we were the first to laminate Polybutylene Succinate (PBS) on paper. In 2018, we began offering 100% compostable & eco-friendly packaging solutions through our Bio-Eco brand. We also produce high-quality packaged foods under our Alfredo banner and highly advanced smart label products under the Thai KK Tech division.
Yes! Please click on the “Shop Now” button for our E-commerce section. We currently sell products from our Adhesive Tape Business & Label Business. If you have any inquiries on other products that are not listed, please feel free to
1). Fill out our contact form
2). Contact our Customer Service or Sales Department
While we strive to get orders shipped out as soon as possible, it can take 3-5 business days to fulfill your order. You will receive an email with a tracking number as soon as your package leaves our facility.
FAQs by department
Permanent: The bond to the substrate makes removal difficult or impossible without distorting the facestock or damaging the substrate.
Removable: The bond to the substrate makes removal easy without damage to the facestock or substrate.
Considerations with removable adhesives:
- Make sure that the surface on which the label is to be applied is strong enough to withstand label removal. Some papers and board stocks require special considerations.
- The size of the label is important with removable labels. Larger labels will require a stronger facestock to ensure removability.
- Small labels with a stiff facestock may not adhere well to curved or irregular surfaces and may appear 'too removable'. Prior testing is always recommended.
The composition of the substrate that the label will be applied to can have an effect on the ultimate strength of the bond that the label will obtain.
It is important to identify the exact type of substrate being used. Specific identification of any substrate is needed.
- Plastic is not descriptive enough. The level of adhesion will vary with the type of 'plastic' being used: High Density Polyethylene, Low Density ,Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Vinyl, Polyester etc.
On low surface energy materials, initial tack is the most important criteria. Adhesion levels may improve with longer dwell.
What is the texture of the substrate (the surface to which the label will be applied)?
The texture of a substrate can have an impact on the bond to the material as textured materials do not allow 100% contact of the adhesive you have
purchased with your substrate - less contact; less bonding area; lower adhesion.
A rough/mottled surface may require a stronger bonding adhesive to maximize adhesion at contact area.
Adhesion to any substrate is achieved by the adhesive flowing into all areas of the substrate and "bonding" with them.
Special conditions may be defined as: temperature extremes, outdoor weatherability, ultra-violet light exposure, sterilization, large amounts of humidity or moisture and exposure to solvent/cleaning agents.
Some other questions to consider:
- Will the label be exposed to large amounts of moisture? If so, a moisture resistant or wet strength facestock should be selected with gloss over-varnish.
- Will there be prolonged exposure to ultra-violet light? Long term exposure to U.V. light deteriorates rubber-based adhesives. Special adhesives may be needed if transparent facestocks are to be used or the labels are to last an exceptionally long time. Concentrated U.V. exposure will also affect the
graphics on the label so this consideration is particularly important where long label life is desired.
- Will the label be exposed to elevated temperatures +90 degrees C for an extended period? If so, an acrylic adhesive combined with film or foil may be required.
Thai KK has developed our latest product for printing on "Digital Printing Machines: both on Dry-Ink and Indigo systems." For the digital printing machine's structure, some requires high temperature for the ink to settle well on the label, while some may also need special coating for better visibility of the color's shade.
We have designed our new products by using diferrent materials with general grade to supply to the market.
This is one of our label's competitive strength from other companies.
1. Special Formulation Adhesive : High Temp resistance
2. Special Release Liner : Flat and Strength
3. Good Printability Quality
4. Product variety
5. Technical services
PBS (Poly Butylene Succinate) is a kind of bioplastics derived from renewable biomass such as cornstarch, cassava, sugarcane, vegetable fats and oils, or by other agricultural products.
Adhesive Tape Business
Thai KK is an adhesive tape manufacturer, we have 2 factories located in Thailand and in Vietnam. We have coating line for jumbo rolls which are all manufactured in Thailand. Thai KK’s strength also lies in our R&D division and lab equipments which can carry strength tests and development.
Standard packing for OPT tape is 72 rolls/carton for size 48mm x 45yd, 50yd and 100yd
- 6 rolls/tower pack, 12 towers/cartons
There are 2 colors of adhesive tape that are widely used for packing - Clear and Brown. Thai KK packing tape offers various colored tapes for customers who want colored tapes for specific purpose too. We have 9 colors for your choice - white, violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink and black. If you are looking for unique designs or even branding tapes with your own logo, we also have that customization available.
Clear and Brown packing tape specifications depend on the carton’s weight:
1.OPT (KK Red) recommended for carton that weighs 1-3 kgs.
2.OPT (KK Blue) recommended for carton that weighs 4-5 kgs.
3.OPT (KK Violet) recommended for carton that weighs 6-7 kgs.
4.OPT (KK Orange) recommended for carton that weighs 8-10kgs.
Thai KK has 4 specs depending on the application use.
1.MCT (KK Blue) recommend for office work and stationery
2.MCT (KK Orange) recommend for carton sealing, painting, lining and general purpose
3.MCT (KK Green) recommend for car spray up to 120 C
4.MCT (KK Yellow) recommed for spray painting up to 150 C
We have PVC insulating tape which are used for insulating electrical wire’s joint area.
Thai KK has 3 types of PVC insulating tape:
1. VT-12 is General grade PVC insulating tape made of high quality PVC insulating film, flexible good adhesion and for insulating wire joint area, Lead free up to 80 C heat resistance (176F)
Available colors: Black, white, red, yellow, green, orange, grey and blue
2. VTB-12F (TIS) Flame retardant grade PVC insulating tape made of special PVC film, lead free, up to 80 C heat resistance (176F) with TIS certified (TIS.386-2531)
3. VTB-18F (TIS) Flame retardant grade เทปพันสายไฟรุ่น VTB-18F (มอก.) high quality PVC insulating film and strong PVC backing Flame retardant with TIS certified (TIS.386-2531) up to 80 C heat resistance (176F)
- Melamine molding compound ( thermosetting plastics) is amino molding compound composed of melamine formaldehyde and alpha cellulose as filling material with the addition of lubricant, hardening agent and pigments.
- Thermoset offers many advantages over basic thermoplastics and are suitable for compression and injection molding. They are produced in a precise, brilliant, light fastness and vibrant range of colors. They are available in powder (which gives much better surface) or granular form.
- Melamine molding compounds are strong , glossy , very very durable and highly resistant to staining. They have better resistance to heat, solvents, chemicals, moisture, electricity and scratching than urea molding compounds.
- - Melamine thermoset is approved for contact with foodstuffs and they don't affect the food's flavor even at high temperatures so they are used in kitchen, utensils and dinnerware.
- - Bathroom accessories and electrical components.
- - All our melamine products certify BPA-free and also non-hazardous components.
- - The FDA Safety and Risk Assessment of Melamine states that this kind of plastic is absolutely safe for use
It complies with the requirements on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food as described in the following national legislation and regulations:
- Thai Industrial Standard, TIS 1245-2553 (2010), relating to Melamine-formaldehyde molding compound (in accordance with Japanese Industrial Standard, JIS K 6911).
- Regulation (EU) No. 10/2011, relating to plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foodstuffs.
- U.S. FDA 21 CFR 177.1460, relating to Melamine-formaldehyde resins in molded article.